Friday, September 10, 2010

The Alarm Clock Revisited!


Look at that sweet little face! Can you even imagine waking up to that two inches from your face? Sometimes, I'm so very lucky and get the opportunity as early as 6am. His sleeping schedule is so sporadic. He has been sleeping some mornings until 8 or 8:30 and that will last for a week, then the next week he is up at 6:00 or 6:30. So we wrapped up the alarm clock with duct tape and re-established the no earlier than 7 o'clock rule. However, once we started potty training we told him he was allowed to come out if he needed to potty. So last week Matt was out of town, and this happened to be a 6:00-6:30 wake up week. So the first morning, I'm lying in bed and I hear an alarm clock going off. I jump out of bed and realize it is coming from his room. He had been pushing the buttons and the alarm went off. When I came in the room, he said he was looking for the seven. A few days later I am asleep and at 6:30 I wake up to a "Mommy, good morning," two inches from my face. I realize he is naked from the waste down, and I ask him where his clothes are. He says to me, "Mommy, I woke up and pee-peed on the potty." I tell him that's great! Then he says to me, "And guess what else, I found a booger in my butt," which he was still holding in his hand. I was mortified and needless to say we washed his hands for a good ten minutes.
So this morning I go to his room to clean up a few things and I find the alarm clock like this!

And before he went down for his nap the alarm clock looked like this!

And it is now wrapped around the clock 5 times. I think I should just invest in one of those fancy clocks they make for toddlers that actually tell them when they can leave their room...

No comments:

Post a Comment