Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy (belated) Birthday to Athen

I am so behind with posting about my sweet Athen! I can't believe he is already four. It seems like yesterday when I was a complete mess bringing him home. Athen has turned into such a sweet and mature little guy. He is so smart and I am amazed at the things he learns and tells me about everyday. He is starting to sound out words and asks me all day how to spell everything. He sings a little song using every letter, "A says "ah," A says "ah," every letter makes a sound and a says "ah." He also makes up a lot of little songs all day and they are so cute. He LOVES to sing. He is also into Legos. He will play and build sets all day long. He makes garages for his cars, "unders" for his cars, and streets for his cars. Almost everything he plays has to do with cars. He can twist almost anything into being about cars.
There are so many things I love about my little guy. I love that he still needs to cuddle at night before bed. I love that he calls Maximo his medium brother. I love that he absolutely adores Ty and kisses him all day. I love how sensitive he is and really thinks about the way others feel. I love that he still asks me to kiss him. I love that he will sit and do puzzles when I tell him he needs to be quiet. I love that when we sit down for dinner he will always be the first to pray. I love that he thinks Matt is the greatest person in the world. I love that when he doesn't know the words to songs he will make them up (and most of the time they are pretty good). I love that he adapts to new situations so quickly. I love that he is so friendly and makes new friends wherever we go. He is a one of a kind little boy and he might annoy me some days but I sure do love him and can't imagine my life without him!




















No comments:

Post a Comment